Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Morning Routine

I look forward to the wee hours of the morning. It is peaceful and quiet . It is just me and the animals. They are my fan club in the morning waiting to go out and do their business. Each day, I discover what the weather is going to be like. Today, it is raining. I can smell the burning of wood and what a nice smell that is. The air is crisp with a little bit of a bite this morning. I can't see much as it is always dark and have to rely on my other senses in the morning. I also love the smell of coffee in the morning and the gentleness of how unchoatic the mornings are waking up and sipping coffee and just being. I try to make plans for the day but life generally gets in the way of what I plan . Lately, I haven't been making as many plans and been getting more done. Sometimes, I need a list but lately I just see what needs to be done and do it. I do love my morning rituals though. I truly like just waking up and drinking coffee and being on the computer surrounded by my animals. I also like watching them in the morning as they are full of life and come alive. One of the Golden's plays with a cat in the morning as they stretch out and roll around. The cat usually bites the dogs head and sets it off as they mouth each other and it looks like they are hugging. The other two dogs just sit there and act all adoring or is it they want a big biscuit in the morning. They love to have their ears scratched and are thankful for the smallest things I do for them. Sometimes, when I think the day is going to suck , I have an animal make me laugh and forget about life and just focus on the small things. I'm very thank-full for my pets . They give me routine even when I reject the notion. They give me some structure when I reject that also. No matter what I do I have to take care of them regardless of how I feel. Sometimes they are my soul motivation to start my day.

1 comment:

  1. My time early on Saturday and Sunday mornings with just the cats and I awake, is the most peaceful time of the week, and it is indeed good medicine. Animals have a way of letting us know we are loved and valued and they help make our hearts feel peaceful. I'm glad you have "furkids" in your life. I think everyone should! :-)

    ReplyDelete