Monday, October 26, 2009

Going without electricity

Yesterday from 6am to 1pm the electric was out. It was a planned outage. I was dreading it. I thought what can I do from 6-1. Well, I had a lot of fun. In the morning I made sure I had a thermos of coffee and I was all ready to go for the day . After waking up and having coffee , I light candles all over the house and had coffee by candlelight. It wasn't so bad. I enjoyed the art of conversation instead of the computer, radio, and tv . I realized that I don't engage in much conversation in the morning and do my own thing. My partner and I went to town for the day. We had breakfast first and it wasn't so great but it was nice to eat. What spoiled it was a couple with kids let there children run around and shout. I didn't think it was cute at all. Then we went to the beach and it was nice and sunny. I'm really into photography and didn't know what subject I should photograph so I seen a flock of seagulls. Seagulls are real interesting to me and I ended up chasing around seagulls for about a hour. I think I must of looked real silly bent down and walking around like a gull. They sort of bob up and down and are flat footed. I got a nice work out. Ended up at another dock after that to take some more pics and just enjoy the view of the bay.
Finally went to town and did a little x-mas shopping for the in-laws. It is a start and was entertained mostly with people watching. I seen a lady with fishnet stocking and a mini-skirt on in the dollar store. I wondered if I could of bought her for a dollar. The dollar store is great killing time as they have a bunch of junk to mull through and stuff to give you a good laugh.
It was a nice day and very easy to start getting over being sick. I felt like I was getting cabin fever. I can be very easily amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment