Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year

December was a month of gluttony. I gained 10 pounds and my stomach feels a mess with all the crap I have made and ate. You name it I have ate candies, chocolates ,cheeses, anything rich you can imagine. I have been cooking up a storm also. I cooked so much food over the month of December you could of feed a family of 6 and it is just 2 of us.

I spent so much money in December. All, justified of course. Well in my warped mind anyways. Enough to make me sick as money has been tight but hell just use credit and investment income. I was doing better juggling up till December and it all went to hell. Back again to a money diet. It really didn't help that things broke down left and right in the year of 2012.

Managed to keep myself plenty busy in December just to get through it. Even got a brilliant idea to get another cat right before Christmas. My reasoning is 2 cats make company as 2013 I want to do more camping and travelling.  We usually take our cat every where with us and I'm tired of bringing the cat with us every where. Well, the older cat hates the kitten. Scratched it's eye pretty badly and we have to take it to the vet tomorrow. Oh, how I love vet bills. The cats have made the house a total circus with them eating each others food and flipping attitudes. The dog just stays out of it thank-god. I feel like a farmer tending to the live stock in the mornings . Each animal on a different diet. It has kept me on my toes though and it is getting better. I also started my search to get the dog out of her social anxiety which has worsened with the death of Brett. We are enrolling her into a dog daycare that knows of the dogs issues. I want to travel this year without a pack of animals this year and this is a first step. For 2 years we have been taking the animals every where since Brett couldn't have shots because of liver issues and it has totally sucked taking them everywhere with us. It has made me want to pull my hair out travelling with 2 barking dogs and a meowing cat. It will be nice being free of them. I will take the dog camping though. I always hated taking the cat though. Our cat has travelled more than most people. She has been travelling all over the states and Canada. All over Ontario also. She is an old hand in a hotel or motel.  Well now she has a companion to keep her busy at home and I have to look into pet sitters to come in and feed the cat's.

Well, back on track from my ramblings. My only hope for this coming year is to have a little more hope  and look at life different so I can be happy. I don't wish or want much. I do want to be healthier and will be because it is going to be a process than a crash diet. I want to do more and be more active. I look forward to having more travel experience's as in the past it has made me happier. I just got to get back to what makes me happy. Wishing you all a Happy New Year.

4 comments:

  1. Pets cost so much money, don't they? I wouldn't dream of not insuring Dolly. Despite the cost of insurance, I dread to think what would happen if treatment ran into the thousands like it has done in the past. But it's not easy to find those extra funds. December was a crap month money-wise for me too. Back to saving those pennies again. Sigh.

    I hope you get back to what makes you happy, K. You deserve to. Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2013. xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have racked the money up with the pets. To cremate Brett last month and put him down was 600.00. I'm thinking probaly 150.00 for the cat. I couldn't get him in the 31st as they had limited hours and today it is closed. His eye is totally swollen shut now. I'm a little pissed at the older cat but cat's will be cat's. Next month I have to get him neutered at 200.00 but he luckily came with all his shots and worming. Daisy has her shots due this month also. I swear my animals are in better shape than most people with diets, vet bills, etc. I really just want to get back to what makes me happy and figuring it out . It has been awhile. Hope you have a better year to friend:)

      Delete